Wednesday 7 December 2016

Visit to Warhammer World December 2016

Regular readers will know that I live next to Warhammer World, so go there quite a bit, but this weekend I went there specifically to take a look at the new Space Wolves / Thousand Sons diorama. I found that the whole exhibition had actually changed since I last went, so thought I'd share some pictures.

First up was this beauty... well, half of my brain thinks it's a giant yellow monster but the rest of me loves the Stormbird. I've agreed with my wife that I can have one when I finish my PhD, which is a reason to hurry up if ever I had one!


The fact that you can fit an actual rhino in the back is awesome!


Next up is the Muster Tredecimma scene. If you've seen December's White Dwarf you'll have spotted it. The one on display is not quite the same as the one in the magazine. A great show case for all of Forge World's big Imperial flyers.




Next was The Pilgrym, another diorama featured in White Dwarf this month. I love how crazy each of the warbands are. I love the conversions (how was that Alpharius done?! I want one)



Then finally I got to the Prospero diorama. I found myself not looking at this until I had finished looking at everything else. I must admit that usually I'm one of those guys who scoots around a gallery in 20 minutes then goes for tea and cake, but in this instance I was looking at this piece for a good 15 to 20 minutes.


I was particularly interested in the subtle conversions and unit markings on the Space Wolves. I really really want a Leviathan dreadnought...




All in all it was a good visit and well worth a gander if you get a chance. I probably take a look every 6 months or so and something has always changed.

Dave


fourdadsoftheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk – A blog about Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy by four Dads

2 comments:

  1. I have only been there the once and it was great to wander through it all. Cheers for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. When they first announced that you'd have to pay to go in I was outraged, because the old miniatures hall was free, but a couple of years down the line I don't actually mind paying every once in a while.

      Delete